Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

First Tasting

Sooooo, I had my first tasting / consultation on Saturday and it went very well!  I made three flavors of cake for the potential client (she brought her mom - awww) and colored the frosting to reflect her wedding colors.  I took a bunch of notes on what she wants for her wedding (in May) so that  I could get everything right in the order form.  I then sent the bride-to-be on her way with a box of goodies so she and her fiancee could make a final decision.



The very next morning, the client wrote this email to me:


"Thanks so much for all the effort that you put into yesterday!  We really loved meeting with you and your CAKE!!  You are extremely talented and I feel extremely fortunate to have found/met you!  My dad & finance, Ken, both enjoyed the cupcakes as well. :) Needless to say, we would love to move forward and get you a deposit to be able to secure the date!"


I

I'd say I'm making progress :)

2 comments:

  1. woo hoo, congrats! and those cupcakes look very tasty wish I was there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations girl!! Keep doing your thing! Wish I could hire you to make my cake for my wedding, well it's not till 2012, lol!!
    Sparkle

    ReplyDelete